InternationalCopyright: © Backus
The International Office conducts application procedures twice a year for exchange placements available in collaboration with partner universities outside the Erasmus+ program via RWTHworldwide. The application deadline in the winter semester (November) is the most important one as you can apply for both one- and two-semester stays beginning in the winter semester of the following academic year and for one-semester stays in the summer semester of the following academic year then. When it comes to the application deadline in the summer semester (June), you can only apply for any places left over for the summer semester of the following academic year. The application deadline for an exchange semester is approximately one year before the planned stay abroad. Applications are to be submitted online via the application portal. The portal closes at 12 noon on the last day of the application period.
Please do not start your application in the last few days of the application period. Creating an application is time-consuming and usually, students have queries that need to be clarified, also technical problems cannot be excluded. Please note: applications must meet the requirements of the host university (GPA, study level, language skills, etc.) and must be submitted completely and on time.
- New dates for group counceling „studying worldwide“!
- An overview of all international partner universities can be found here.
- Application Deadlines: Application period for one-semester study abroad programs in the summer semester 2025: Mai 6 to 27, 2024, 12 noon. Only applications submitted by the deadline will be considered!
Please note that in order to be considered for a PROMOS Study or Internship Abroad Scholarship you must apply separately. Please refer to the respective website for details. Information about other funding opportunities is outlined on our Financing Your Studies Abroad page.
- UROP Abroad allows qualified undergraduate students of the RWTH to participate in research programs at universities and research institutes in Kanada and the US.
- In cooperation with several industrial partners the RWTH offers the Unitech Program, which sets out to expose students to discussions about current issues through a combination of exchange semesters, industry internships, coaching, and workshops.
- Every university offers the possibility to study as a Free Mover. For this, you take a semester off at your home university in order to study a semester at a foreign university. The application process is handeld by the foreign university. Therefor, you need to visit the university’s homepage for further information and the application. Free Movers are not financially supported by a program. But Free Movers have the possibility to apply for scholarships from the RWTH or the DAAD. If you consider to visit a foreign university as a Free Mover, you first will need to clarify with your student advisor and the chairman of the examination board, wether you will be credited for courses or examaminations taken at the foreign university.