To enroll for the program of study "M.Sc. Mineral Resources Engineering" you need a first university degree and additionally you have to prove relevant professional occupation within a total of 60 workdays. Furthermore, if you are a non-native speaker, you need to prove sufficient language skills.
In addition, a professional educational background in the following modules is necessary (§3 Absatz 2 MPO):
- Mathematics, Mechanics 1, Mechanics 2, Fundamentals of Chemistry, Geosciences, Principles of Electrical Engineering (min. 40 CP)
- Mineral economics, Mining (underground, surface), Mine Surveying, Energy Resources, Energy Resources and Energy Management, Principles of Law, Recycling and Processing Technology, Mechanical Engineering in the Raw Materials Industry (min. 30 CP)
Specialization in Mining
- Mining (underground, surface), Excavation and Mining Equipment in the Raw Materials Industry (min. 15 CP)
Specialization in Process Technology
- Recycling Technology, Processing Technology, Processes of Waste Treatment and Emission Reduction (min. 15 CP)
Required Application documents
- Certificate of formal qualification with an initial university degree: Bachelor certificate, Diploma certificate, Diploma Supplement etc.
- Proof of proficiency in the German language
- Proof of practical experience by work placement or internship certificates
- Print of your bachelors’ degree module catalog or a description of the modules you have studied (in German or English). If the module catalog has been translated into English, this translation must be confirmed by the university.
- Allocation of your past modules to the B.Sc. Sustainable Resources and Energy Supply.
The application must be submitted at the latest until the July 15 for the winter term and the January 15 for the summer term.
Please submit your application documents on schedule to:
RTWH AACHEN UNIVERSITY
Abt. 1.2, Studierendensekretariat